Festive St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
It’s time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! Grab some shamrocks and stout and get your Irish on with these festive St. Patrick’s Day Ideas, including delicious food and cocktail recipes, craft and DIY, and even a few ideas for travel to Ireland.
Want a St. Patrick’s Day corned beef recipe? We have a few, including an Instant Pot version and mini Corned Beef Sliders. We also have a delicious and easy to make Irish Soda Bread recipe, a fun, and colorful candy bark recipe, and two bold Irish Coffee style cocktail recipes.
Need some craft/DIY ideas for St. Patrick’s Day? Check out our ideas for St. Patrick’s Day cupcake toppers or a gold shamrock wall hanging.
A trip to Ireland would be the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day celebration! Get lucky with a few tips for traveling to Dublin with your family, as well as a beautiful bed & breakfast option in County Westmeath.
St. Patrick’s Day Tips
Did you know:
- There are more Irish people in the United States than in all of Ireland?
- Until 1961, St. Patrick’s Day was a dry holiday in Ireland because it was considered a holy day?
- The official color of St. Patrick’s Day used to be blue but became green in the 1700s as a symbol of nationalism.
- The four leaves of the shamrock are supposed to symbolize love, faith, hope, and luck?
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick’s Day by dying the river green, a tradition they started in 1962?
- St. Patrick was actually born in England but was captured by Irish pirates?
- According to Irish legend, there are no female leprechauns, only male?
- The very first St. Patrick’s Day parade was not held in Ireland, it took place in New York in 1766.
Corned beef made in the Instant Pot!
Bite size corned beef sandwiches!
Easy Irish Potato Soup that will Please Little Leprechauns for a Quick Weeknight Meal
Family-friendly Irish Potato Soup
Irish Soda Bread - Traditional Recipe for Quick Bread (no yeast) Version
A quick and easy Irish soda bread recipe!
Fun and festive rainbow candy bark!
A delicious Irish coffee with toffee!
An updated version of the traditional Irish Coffee...with chocolate!
Fun St Patrick's Day cupcake toppers!
A beautiful shamrock gold wall hanging you can DIY.
A review of Hounslow House, a bed & breakfast in Ireland.
Traveling to Dublin with kids!
Julie Cohn is the writer/publisher of A Cork, Fork, & Passport, a food and travel lifestyle site. She is also the director of Chapter Two Collective Media.